Click on a thumbnail to view the larger postcard image.
Lincoln Highway County Consul (1924): Stymest Stevenson, 715 Hazel Street "Council Bluffs is the first city in the United States, so far as it is known, to formally dedicate the great Lincoln Highway across the united States. The dedication was pulled off as 12:01 this morning with a large conflagration at Pearl and Main street and the blowing of factory whistles in all parts of the city. The celebration followed a banquet at the Grand Hotel, where many boosters for the transcontinental road assembled, and later were entertained at the dedication site by the light of the full moon." - Council Bluffs Nonpareil, October 31, 1913